5 Key Takeaways from the Blog
- Websites can fail due to poor planning, low-quality content, and ignoring the target audience’s needs.
- Upgrading to a custom website is not just an option but a strategic move. It saves your business from the pitfalls of poor website performance, providing a digital presence that evolves with your growth plans.
- Hiring a web design agency saves time, offers expert support, and ensures top-notch functionality over a DIY website template.
- A web designer and a web developer are not the same, but both bring their expertise to the table for aesthetics, ingenious designs, and coding. When you work with BubbleUP, you get both!
- Changing to a custom website will give you an all-access pass to a team of experts to seamlessly align your website with your marketing efforts.
Is your website suffering from slow load times, product limitations, and poor user experience? It may be stuck in the digital dark ages.
Your website is a virtual storefront for your customers, saving them time and allowing them to understand who you are before they visit. If your website isn’t meeting the mark for delivering the goods, you’re missing out on increasing your sales. That’s where a custom website comes in; investing in a new website that can handle your business and grow with you as you plan can save your business and take it to the next level.
In this blog, we’ll delve into why upgrading to a custom website isn’t just an option but a strategic imperative. Let’s explore the pitfalls of subpar website performance and discover how a tailor-made digital presence can revolutionize your online identity, enhance user satisfaction, and ultimately drive unprecedented success for your business.
Top 3 Reasons That Websites Fail
- Poor planning
Failing to lay out your business goals and the website’s purpose means your website won’t succeed. You must be clear about whether it should generate leads, create interest in your brand, or be used as an e-commerce site. The intention informs the type of site you make and its functionality. If the site can’t handle the functions you need, scrap it.
- Low-quality content
Words sell, and the type of words you use throughout your site can make or break the success of your website. Your website will not be found on Google if you are missing keywords or compelling messaging that makes your customers think about what you are offering. Additionally, sacrificing quality over quantity will not make you stand out online.
- Wrong targeting
Who did you create the site for? When a website is focused on the company and what makes you the right choice, you’re missing the mark. If a customer doesn’t see their own needs reflected in the solutions you’re offering, you’re appealing to the wrong audience.
Can you relate to any of the following? Your products and services can be phenomenal and help you leave your mark in your industry, but your business will suffer when your online marketing doesn’t communicate your impact well. Now that we’ve uncovered why a website can fail, it’s time to consider how custom web design can solve that issue.
To DIY or not: Is hiring someone to build my website worth it?
You spend countless hours each day making sure your business operates as it should, which doesn’t leave much time to plan or take time for yourself. As far as web design is concerned, you don’t have to be an expert to have a fantastic website. Choosing to hire a web design agency to build your custom website means that you have access to a team of experts who will help you create quality content and aesthetically pleasing designs with top-notch functionality so you can spend less time learning how to build a website and more time thinking about how to scale your business.
Going down the DIY route means…
- You are losing time by researching the best platform for your needs and spending more time learning the basics of how to build a standard website without access to tech support.
- You have to sacrifice functionality because of template limitations or subscription plans rather than offer a full range of products online as you had hoped.
- You will need to hire someone to stay up-to-date with your website, create new content, perform updates and fix faulty pages to keep your site looking fresh.
Or…you can let us take care of it. Your website can impact your business more than you think when satisfying your customers. A poor website design and complicated navigation can seriously affect your brand image. When creating a website that uniquely fits your business, a web design agency considers your branding, customer needs, and business practices.
7 Ways a Custom Website Can Improve Your Business
- Responsive Design: Did you know that 81 percent of users will either scroll or make a purchase from their phone every week? Don’t just design for desktops – a responsive design is necessary to help you connect with more customers. Your business can stand out from competitors with a new design that looks like it’s with the times and makes your visitors feel seen.
- Web Support: Where can you turn when something breaks? A web development team is on-call to assist with the monthly maintenance of your site to ensure links are functional, content is up to date, and leads are coming in through your calls to action and form submissions.
- Access to new technology: To stay relevant, websites need to be updated at least every 2-3 years. A custom website will help you stay on top of new trends and features, such as RSS feeds, videos, links, buttons, and custom coding.
- Competitive Advantage: Your site will be strategic for how it sells your product, giving the visitor exactly what they want from the start without getting lost in a pretty design, making your website more akin to a 24/7 salesperson on your team.
- SEO rankings: What are you trying to sell? SEO optimization is part of the custom website package to ensure your site will rank well on search engines by being easily found. Optimizing your site means online customers can find you first, even down to the smallest detail of your map.
- Scalability potential: Made with scalability in mind so that as the business grows, you can add more features without building an entire new site. This means that a custom website has e-commerce capabilities coded in from the start, and a web design agency can save you time and money on upgrades.
- Fit Your Needs: The most significant difference between DIY and custom websites is how unique you want to be. DIY sites are limited in text and graphic options, and a template won’t do your dreams any justice. A custom website design process will evaluate your business and products to see what will best suit your goals rather than trying to make a mould work for you.
What’s the difference between a web designer and a web developer?
There is a crossover between the two when it comes to knowledge. A website designer and a web developer can look at your website for functionality and make improvements, and designing the perfect custom website means that both perspectives are crucial to capturing your brand and business goals.
Choose a Web Design Package with BubbleUP Marketing
As an Edmonton website design company, we know how to create impactful websites that will help improve your business. We’re also not just a web design company, so we understand what it takes to create a website that will enhance your marketing efforts. We employ a vast team of web developers, web designers, and content creators here in Edmonton to ensure that your website works well to communicate with potential clients and work alongside all your other marketing techniques.
We offer a variety of website design packages, from a basic starter website to branded and fully custom sites. When you meet with our Opportunity Creators to discuss your web design needs, we will work your budget and your dream outcome to customize your web design package.
Are you ready to jump into the world of custom websites?