LinkedIn is a business networking tool that operates heavily on internet search terms and is not only advantageous for industry networking, but also finding talent. Membership is free and individuals can create a personal, optimized profile before adding a company page. Here are some of our LinkedIn tips:
1. Use an Effective Headline
- Your headline needs to be short, concise and to the point, the main purpose is give LinkedIn users a reason to click on your post.
- Keep your headline between 40-49 characters for the most post views.
2. Write for your Audience
- LinkedIn is a more “professional” than “social”, so make sure to target your content to this community of professionals.
- Think about what you’re looking to achieve with your content – do you want more impressions, higher visibility, or more engagement? Tailor your language towards your goal.
3. The Longer The Post, The Better
- Unlike other social media channels, longer posts perform better on LinkedIn. In fact, posts with word counts between 1900 and 2000 gain the greatest number of post views, likes, comments and shares.
- Your goal is to get users engaged, so give them a lot of information to talk about.
4. Add Images
- Your posts need to include at least one image. Photos and visuals show up prominently in the LinkedIn newsfeed, so make sure you use something eye catching.
- According to a study done by OkDork.com, the ideal number of images to add to a post is eight. If you’re planning to add other media to your post (videos, presentations, infographics), adjust the number of images accordingly so your post isn’t too overwhelming to users.
5. Link to Existing Content
- Adding links to your post will help show your authority on LinkedIn. Link to relevant content on your website, blogs posts, or other past LinkedIn posts.
- Share your LinkedIn posts to your other social media platforms.
- Ask your employees to share posts their personal LinkedIn profiles.
- You will benefit as people share your content with their professional networks.
Digital Marketing Agency
Is your business using LinkedIn to connect with potential customers?
Learn more about our Digital Marketing Services today!